CO-1 JAM MODELS


Semester II-Employability Skills

Comp-1-Speaking Skills
JAM


A stitch in time saves nine

Proverbs are wise sayings offered as a gift from our ancestors. They teach us morality and how we need to live our lives. A stitch in time saves nine is one of the famous proverbs which have great meaning if we apply in our life.

This proverb is similar to “prevention is better than cure” this means that a cloth which is torn and needs just a single stitch that can mend this needs to be stitched at that time, if its left without being mended the torn increases and needs more stitches to mend it.

For example if a person is affected with an infection he must consult the doctor as soon as possible. If he neglects it infection spreads and finally may lead to death. If a child is going wrong he must be corrected during his childhood by his parents if not as he grows he does the same wrong and finally his life gets deteriorated.

There one must act at the right time if not it may lead require additional effort to do the same work with more complications.

Corruption

 It is a disease that has spread in to every level of society. Corruption directly influences the quality of life in a country, corruption shoes its ugly head in many fields for ex:  transfers, professional seats, land deals, tender sanctions etc, can be obtained through shady deals and bribery.

 Corruption is major problems in India this is b’coz we have corrupt individuals at every level of administrative and political body. Sometimes it is a combined force of understanding between a politician and government official.

Lokayukta, the consumer form and educated and aware citizens should stand up against corruption. We read many cases in news papers were these organizations have caught corrupt officials red handedly. Many cases have also been booked against politicians and officials for disproportionate wealth compared to their earnings.

India is an awakening country and I am sure they will come a point of time when corruption will be an eradicated disease.


Terrorism

Grandmothers have wisely said in the past, “too much of a thing is good for nothing.” The same is true for terrorism. It is an over grown, fanatic belief in a cause that motivates ordinary human beings to turn into monsters of terror as a result they inflict senseless pain and death hey go

Terrorism is a manipulative key, used by shrewd leaders who have a hidden agenda innocent volunteers are brain washed into believing that they have to fight for ideologies close to their heart and thus they are emotionally triggered to become human killer machines.

 The way to combat terrorism is to be ever prepared for unexpected attach b. to educate the people about the manipulative leaders c. to teach good human values to the people from a very early age that is to include a cross cultural sensitivity respect for diversity and value for human life as a part of the curriculum in schools and colleges. Public sports clubs with both indoor and outdoor games facilities and equipments should be made accessible. So that they channelize their energy into something productive rather than opt to join terror groups and organizations
The human spirit is strong, and I am sure we will be free of terrorism and live as peace full human beings.

Money is a motivator
 Motivation is an important part of every success story. As we know there is no formula for success because each person works out his own methods to achieve success. But one thing is true that is hard work and commitment are the corner stone of success. Without these we cannot hope progress towards our goals.


Motivation comes in different forms for some it could be passion of the subject, role models, parents, etc. but, there is one common motivator which works along with these and that is money.

 Throughout history man has struggled to improve his that is why he progressed from swinging from trees to zoom in cars. I am sure everyone here wants to do better in life which equates to earning more money. It is this desire to be financially secure that makes man work hard and strive to do better than the best thus, though money is considered a  necessary evil, I think if given its due respect it is universal motivator which betters the life of man .


Corporate etiquette
                   

Etiquette is an accepted code of behavior in society. As corporate we all know is a multinational organization and what then is a corporate etiquette obviously a code of behavior with in the corporate world.

 When Thomas Friedman coined the term ‘ a flat world’ he meant that world is economically flat and business and career opportunities will be equal throughout the worlds this means that a c.s.advisor sitting in India could assist a customer in England . No longer can we be narrow minded and judgmental about people who are different in their behavior or habits. We need to adjust with   people of different cultures and backgrounds. To find a comfort zone of interaction, a common code of behavior was put in place and this is corporate etiquette, for ex: our dress code, does and don’ts at office place, mobile etiquette, cafeteria behavior etc, are a part of the package.

 Corporate etiquette guides a person’s behavior, helps him adjust to new environment and people and enables him to work without tension of making social mistake. 

My favorite cartoon character.
Cartoons are ever green source of entertainment to people of all age groups. Cartoons became famous after Walt Disney introduced his first cartoon Mickey mouse in a news papers in daily installments. Today we have a variety of characters. For ex: tom and jerry, bugs bunny, woody the wood pecker, astix and oblix, Popeye  the sailor , Denis the menace, Scooby doo, Richie rich, and to be very honest I like them all. But I would choose to speak tom as my favorite character, because there is a lot of material that I can share about him. Tom is the knottiest and most mischief cartoon character who unfortunately ends up outsmarted by jerry the mouse. Tom is always thinking of ways in which he can catch and eat jerry and jerry escapes and lands up tom in trouble. I like tom because of his perseverance. He never gives up no matter what happens I also like tom because of his creativity. He thinks of most cunning ways of which he can catch jerry. I also like him because he is very charming and has a very innocent smile those heights a world. My famous cartoon character is Thomas cat popularly known as tom.

If I were a super hero whom would I choose and why?

Heroes come in different categories, like the unsung hero, the film hero, heroes of patriotism, national heroes, and personal heroes and of course super heroes. If I were to choose a super hero. I would choose spider man. Because, I have seen a couple of movies of superman where the character is a human being therefore it is easier for me to imagine myself as him. When he is not a super hero he is an ordinary boy called peter he becomes spider man while on a student tour in a museum when spider venom enters his body. I show him because his life is like ordinary teenager, he has girl friend issues, study problems, and he has a problem getting adjusted to super hero. When once he is spider man form like all super heroes he helps the one in trouble. And sees that good wins over bad. I am sure that a person will feel something good to society and maybe I were spider I would enjoy being the person who made good win over bad.

Significance of rain
As a child to me rain held no significance the moment it started raining all the children would start chanting “ Rain rain go away; come again another day. All the children want to play.”

But the significance of rain is profound. As a fact rain plays imp role in various seasons. Rains help crops. And brings relief from the dryness of a hot summer.
But the significance of rain is that it stands for refreshment and rebirth rain brings with it hope and promise of a new life. Rain is also seen as the cleanser, it cleans the earth rejuvenates the spirit.

Rain takes on totally difference significance when it turns in to storm. It becomes destroyer, it becomes fury and anger, and it signifies churning emotions.

Thus, though rain is a natural phenomenon which plays a vital role in ecological balance it is also signified as provider and destroyer like God.

If you have 7 more days to live, what would you do?

Life is gift of god. It impossible for Human beings to create life. No one prefers to die at an early age and as human beings we hope to live longer. If I were to live only 7 more days I would be little sad at the same time I would convince myself to do all the best I can and win the favor of my loved ones these 7 days. I would wisely use every second of these 7days.

On the first day I would fly to America and stay there two days as it’s my dream place and watch all the beauties especially sky scrapers, the white house and the statue of liberty. I would taste all the dishes I wish and visit some of the famous theatres and return back on the 4th day.

On the 5th day I would visit all my relatives and spend with them as they have contributed my life and I would thank them for their love and concern. I would play with them and make them happy without revealing that I would die in 2 more days.

On the 6th day I would visit all my friends from my school to my college friends and cherish the moments I had when we were together and advice them to be good and have a colorful future. We will all sing and together. In the evening I would meet my best friend Hashish and bring him to my home.

The last day of my life comprising of 24hrs, I would spend with my parents without revealing that I will be no more within 24hrs. I would make them happy. I would ask my mother to prepare my favorite dishes and we will all eat together. I would say that iam so lucky to have them as my parents. I would advice my brothers and sister to study well and obey my parents.

So, if I were to live 7more days I would make people around me smile and say that life is uncertain and the real meaning of life is to cherish every moment of life and make others happy and we should live as if our life ends tomorrow.

3 secrets to win Battle against Stress

The word “stress” refers to confuse or trouble with uncertainty. Now-a-days stress has become a serious issue and statistics reveal that 60% of suicidal attacks are due to stress. Many young people are running after yoga classes, psychiatrists and spas that relieve them from stress.

We can win battle against stress through very common activities and below are the three secrets to get relieved from stress.

The first secret is to have a regular sleep. A minimum of 8hrs sleep each night can relieve us from stress because sleep gives energy and helps us stay motivated all day. Many young people neglect sleep hence this is the primary reason for stress.

The second secret is being positive or optimistic. Many people think “I can’t, am unfit, am not good at” so in order to battle with stress one must force himself saying “I can do it.” We must avoid pessimistic people.

Physical exercise is an excellent secret that can relieve us from stress. It gives us relief to heart, soul, body and mind.

Stress which is a serious issue can be relieved with common activities. So, let us all win the battle against stress.

Future of Indian economy

It is said that future is always uncertain. This saying is correct up to certain extent at the same time there are exceptions. Honorable minister for commerce and industry Mr.Kamal nath said that it’s better to say future is India’s than to say future of India.

The future of India is brighter because of its huge human resources, market for every product and availability of skilled professionals. Many companies are being developed which are providing job opportunities thus reducing unemployment and eliminating poverty.

More than 20 million people are entering middle class; India’s growth is increasing in domestic market rather than international market. More of the Indians have purchasing power .India is not an exporter but a big importer. India has become one of the huge markets to many countries.

Many schemes are being introduced by central as well as state governments to promote industries in backward areas. Many industries are manufacturing best products that have a global demand. There is also advancement in technology like outsourcing which is creating various job opportunities.

From the above conclusions we can understand that future of India especially in terms of economy is a brighter one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACCUVATE SOFTWARE COMPANY WRITTEN TEST PATTERN & INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

TCS Email Writing

PYRAMID DISCUSSION